JOIN-N
Jefferson County History - Red Brick Plantation House

Click here to go to the JOIN-N home page.

JOIN-N Home Page

 

Jefferson County
C
alendar of Events 

 

Communities

Community Services

Education

Entertainment/Recreation

Genealogy

Government

Health & Wellness

Just for Kids

Libraries

Obituaries

Pet Adoption/Rescue


Business

Business Resources

JOIN-N Members

Employment and Careers

 

Media
Newspapers

Radio Stations

TV Stations

 
Contact Us

About JOIN-N

Search JOIN-N

Site Index

 

Disclaimer

RED BRICK PLANTATION HOUSE

Click here for larger image.
Click here for larger image
.

The oldest existing brick house in Jefferson County was built in 1836 and known as the Red Brick Plantation House. It was used for over a century by the McCormack families, all descendants of Peter P. McCormack. McCormack's son, James M. McCormack, born in 1792, built the large brick house, having seven rooms and five fireplaces. The bricks used were larger than the normal size. For many years, it was an overnight stopping point for Selma Road passengers. The Plantation House still stands on the southeast corner of Plattin Road and Charter Church Road.

from Historic Sites of Jefferson County, Missouri (Eschbach, Walter L.)


Contact JOIN-N | JeffersonCountyOnline.org